Switching a key partner delivering IT for a large-scale corporation is a higly complex and risk-entailing project. The foundation of a successful transition project is a transition plan aligning all stakeholders whose interests are anything but homogenous.
- Transition of 450 corporate applications without one single rollback
- Completion within 1,5 years - a new record for our client
- Future-proof documentation of all Cis
- Service provider enabling regarding process quality
In-time change of control with virtually no downtime, including all production critical application
Our customer, a leading utility vehicle producer with a multitude of worldwide locations, reawared the corporate IT to a new outsourcing partner. The packages to be delivered included SAP operations, network, datacenter, security, web applications & web security as well as cross functions. The transition had to be completed within 18 months while the last transition of the same services took over four years. Apart from this ambitious timeframe, production critical applications had to be transitioned from one datacenter to a new one without any negative impact or delays.
It's much more than project management: Delivering projects the Ventum way
After advising our customer regarding their underlying sourcing strategy, Ventum was to the obvious choice to deliver the transition. Our technical know-how enabled us to avoid common pitfalls when developing marketable services and assured, that the signed contract included guidelines for a successful transition. The intimate knowledge of the IT at hand allowed us to build a simple technical solution for another common problem: a fundamental lack of documentation and transparency, especially regarding the application landscape. This database comes with a hassle-free update process that already lays the foundation for future sourcing endeavors.
From start to finish line in 18 months
- successful completion of the transition within 1,5 years
- virtually no unplanned downtime
- active communication and reporting of transition progress as well as early discovery of potential project risks
- complete documentation of the whole IT landscape