Massively increasing automation and compliance of the user lifecycle within a short timeframe and on a tight budget? This plan requires a flexible tool and a highly competent integrator. A large German media holding company tackled this challenge and hit the target by relying on SailPoint IdentityIQ and Ventum Consulting.
- Workload reduction for the service desk department through IIQ end-user self-service and approval processes
- Increased compliance levels via in-tool certification processes
- Automation of user lifecycle processes (joiner, mover, leaver)
- Better reliability and traceability of user account and entitlement management on more than a dozen target system types
Heterogeneous processes and lots of manual work: This user lifecycle needs improvement.
A large German media holding company comprising multiple dozens of subsidiaries - among them one of the largest German newspapers – faced increased cost pressure and compliance requirements. It was time to act; creating, maintaining and deprovisioning of user accounts was currently done manually and controlled via task tracking tools. This drove up the workload for the central service desk department and encumbers audits through missing traceability.
IdentityIQ as a new IAM platform: Higher connectivity, centralized processes, self-service rolled out.
Integrating SailPoint IdentityIQ, done by Ventum Consulting, solved the customer's main challenges and provided a stable platform for further optimization:
- Automated the user lifecycle processes (joiner, mover, leaver), including provisioning actions via the tool's flexible workflow engine
- Implemented of end-user self-service and a unified multi-stage approval process within IIQ
- Integrated event-based certification into the user lifecycle
- Integrated SAP HCM as the authoritative system for identities
- Integrated several dozen target system types (read and write - automated provisioning and aggregation - including AD/Exchange, SAP, Asset Management Systems)
- Integrated a ticketing system for the remainder of manual provisioning
- Bundled entitlements into roles to increase standardization and traceability for authorization processes
Automation and compliance: Less pressure for the service desk, authorizations under control.
Through SailPoint IdentityIQ as the central platform for automization and system connectivity, we sustainably reduced workload for service desk employees. The implementation of tailored yet unified self-service and approval processes fostered end user acceptance of the new solution. Increased reliability and traceability of provisioning and certification of authorizations and accounts allowed the client to better comply to regulations.