The Chinese Management Training & Coaching Model (CMMTM) is used to combine Western management techniques and Chinese social values, especially in joint ventures.
Tensions between management culture, leadership and project management.
- Chinese never report problems to their superiors
- Chinese never ask their superiors and rarely ask their colleagues for help or support
- Proof or admission of mistakes means a loss of face for the Chinese and thus the end of the relationship
- Procurement of missing information takes place via the personal relationship environment (Guanxi 关系)
- This increases the following effects:
- Experienced Western managers do not reach their goals based on their methods
- Problems are detected too late or not at all
- A lack of open communication between parties leaves managers uninformed when Chinese employees resign for no apparent reason
- Approx. 70% of all projects fail, run out of time or go over budget
Our approach for successful cooperation is the China Management Model (CMM™).
- CMM™ is a management hybrid of scientifically validated information on Western management methods and Chinese social values.
- CMM™ is designed for Chinese and Western managers at all levels. It focuses on developing personal leadership skills while being flexible enough for any business situation.
- CMM™ provides coaching & training for all managers on the basis of real cases and is backed up by theory.
- Ventum's trainers and coaches have had experience in the Chinese market for joint ventures of German OEMs since 2006.
The benefits for participants:
- A toolset and recommended practices for successfully managing multinational projects and organizations in China
- Mutual respect, understanding and acceptance of different patterns of behavior
- A working and mutually accepted model of cooperation
- A self-Assessment according to the CMM™ program
The success of CMM™ is clearly measurable, as the project results improve and the employees' satisfaction increases. This is due to a mutual understanding of management and project culture by both sides.
CMM™ is already being used with great popularity by, among others, three automotive OEMs. These practices are being implemented within their organizations and applied to their projects in China.