Chinese Management Training & Coaching Model (CMMTM) to combine Western management techniques and Chinese social values, especially in joint ventures
Tensions between management culture, leadership and project management.
- Chinese never report problems to their superiors
- Chinese never ask their superiors and rarely their colleagues for help or support
- Proofs or admission of mistakes mean loss of face for the Chinese and thus the end of the relationship
- Procurement of missing information takes place via the personal relationship environment (Guanxi 关系)
- This increases the following effects:
- Experienced Western managers do not reach their goals with their methods.
- Problems are detected late or too late.
- Chinese employees resign for no apparent reason to the manager.
- Approx. 70% of all projects fail or are over time or budget.
Our approach for successful cooperation is the China Management Model (CMM™).
- CMM™ is a management hybrid of scientifically validated content of Western management methods and Chinese social values
- CMM™ is designed for Chinese and Western managers at all levels. It focuses on developing personal leadership skills while being flexible enough for any business situation
- CMM™ is coaching & training for all managers on the basis of real cases and is backed up with the minimum theory required
- Ventum trainers and coaches have had experience in the Chinese market for joint ventures of German OEMs since 2006.
The benefit for the participants:
- Toolset and recommended practices for successfully managing multinational projects and organizations in China
- Mutual respect, understanding and acceptance of different patterns of behavior
- A working and mutually accepted model of cooperation
- Self-Assessment according to the CMM™ program
The success of CMM™ is clearly measurable, as the project results become better and the employees' satisfaction increases, due to a management and project culture understood by both sides.
CMM™ is already being used with great popularity by, among others, three automotive OEMs in their organizations and projects in China.